Blogger Background

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

November Updates!

So November was a pretty fun month for us. We got to go to TWO Auburn games! Yay for that! We went to the Arkansas game in October, and that was great, but we got to go to the Georgia game and to the Iron Bowl. I was pretty happy about all that!


Jordan-Hare Stadium view from Tiger Walk

Bo Jackson was getting an award commemorating the 25th anniversary of his Heisman award. Also in this game, Michael Dyer passed Bo's previous record for rushing yards as a freshman. It was an awesome moment to see Bo there to celebrate it with Dyer.





This was also my first experience with rolling Toomer's Corner. I had wanted to do this for a long time, but was always unable to because of travel or making sure we were back to get the kids. This trip was kid-free (big thanks to my parents!) so we were able to do it. I am even more glad that I did it now that all the mess with the poisoning has happened.






And as for the Iron Bowl... let's just say I am glad that I don't have to go to Tuscaloosa on a regular basis. The town itself is nice and rather quaint, but wowsers, I don't think I've been around so much rudeness... To be fair, I'm not just talking about Bama fans. There were some AU fans trash talking just as much. I hate it, so I only do it to my bestest friends, and that's only in fun. What was awesome for me: Hubby and I were pretty much surrounded by some of the worst Bama fans I've ever seen. They bad mouthed the entire game and touted how great they were. Hubby and I really never said anything because we didn't want to make any of them upset if they had been drinking. We just wanted to watch the game. It was so funny how all of them were all about telling us how Bama was going to give Auburn the first loss and all that jazz. Boy, when I looked around during the fourth quarter.... I should have taken pictures of all their faces. That is definitely one of the reasons I don't like to trash talk. Why would you want to run the risk of having to eat crow?? I don't really get it, but whatever. On to the Iron Bowl pics!

Here we are before the "Tiger Walk" started.

Yeah, we sat this close to the band. I loved it!! I love AUMB already, and to be close enough to hear them over the all the other noise (even the sound system!) at BDS... It was so nice.








This was my picture of the sunset. The picture doesn't really do it justice, but the sky was really more orange-y and there was some dark navy in there, but my camera isn't really professional material. I did what I could :)








And, of course, the all-important score board. I heard that whenever Alabama loses at home, they are pretty quick to turn off the score board, that way there are no pictures. Maybe the thinking is "if they don't see the score, then they won't know that we lost." I don't really know. That's just my opinion :) haha... Whatever the reason, I snapped a picture as soon as I could.

WDE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger