Blogger Background

Friday, March 25, 2011

How's this for unexpected??

Well, I don't think the blog will blow up from all the updates lately, so I now have some rather unexpected and pretty disappointing news.

We were about 99.9% ready to get the moving ball rolling, with that .1% being the fact that the kids and I would still be here until summer. Hubby was all set to meet with the people from the hospital about finalizing start dates and all that jazz. He went to the meeting on Thursday at noon. He didn't get out of the meeting until around 3:30. It was not a good meeting. It turns out that the hospital has been bought out. The CEO had known about it, but had not shared the info with the other members of the corporate team. Literally. The CEO was the ONLY one who knew about it. So, Wednesday night was when it all went down. Thursday at noon was when they told everyone. The company that bought them out is bringing in their own people to run the corporate office, which meant that pretty much everyone that hubby knew and had been in contact with about this job has now lost theirs. Also, since the company is bringing in their own people, they are not hiring any new people. This means that hubby will not be hired on and we will not be moving to Dallas. So.... yeah.

That was pretty devastating news to hear. I literally don't have any idea how I made it to get the kids or made it home from work yesterday. I somehow managed to keep the kids from seeing me in the big bad emotional wreck that I was. I mean, I was shocked and angry and a whole bunch of other emotions rolled into one. We were so close to being able to leave and start a new chapter and possibly bring new and better things to our lives. Now, we weren't even sure hubby would be able to get his old job back. Luckily, the hospital decided it would be fairly nice and call back to Mobile to talk to his director about hiring him back. After all, it wasn't his fault that he wasn't going to be starting this new job. It was their fault. Hubby got a call back today, letting him know that they would hire him back. Technically, none of his termination paperwork was processed yet anyway, so he was still on payroll. They just docked some of his ETO for him being out this last week. He's going to take next week too so he'll actually start back fresh in a new pay period. It's definitely a blessing that they had not processed his paperwork and they are letting him come back. He had left on good terms, no problems in his record and with the 2 week notice and everything, so they really had no good reason not to let him come back.

In a nutshell, we aren't moving but we are still sore from this disappointment. I did let go of my selfishness and trust that God would take care of this and He has. I am choosing to believe that this was somewhat of a test. Somewhat (notice I am saying "somewhat") similar to the story of Abraham and Isaac. When God wanted to test Abraham's faith by telling him to sacrifice his son, Isaac. Abraham did what was asked and took Isaac up to the mount to prepare the sacrifice. When God saw that Abraham was going to go through with it, He provided an alternative. He wanted to see that Abraham trusted Him and had faith enough to do what He asked without question. Now, I know this is not exactly the same, seeing as how there was no child up for sacrifice or anything. But, we had prayed about this job and really felt like God was telling us to go out there. It wasn't going to be the easiest thing, but we were ready to do it and trust that God was going to help us and make this the best thing for us. And then this blow happened. Now, I can't help but wonder if maybe God wanted to see if we would trust Him enough to go, even though we would be leaving all that we knew. He saw that we were willing to go. Maybe he took this away because He has better things planned for us. I can't pretend to know how God works, but this is what I'm going with. I do know that He has a plan for all things and that all things work together for the good of those who love Him and who have been called according to His purpose.

I am happy with that. God's grace is sufficient for me. His strength is made perfect in my weakness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger