Blogger Background

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

while I'm waiting...

Have you ever had one of those moments where you feel like a song is speaking directly to you? With my background in music and my intense love for all things music, I have it happen often. Especially when I am listening to Contemporary Christian music. Yeah, it happens a LOT. Luckily, I have this handy thing I like to call an iPod, and if I've heard a song that really hits me, I try to find it and download it asap. I'll probably post some different entries with the songs that have really got to me and why, but I'm definitely starting with this one. I think I may have heard it before I saw "Fireproof," but I'm not 100% sure. My radio is pretty much permanently fixed to Power 88.5 down here and when I'm not listening to it, I've got my iPod plugged in. If I had not heard it before the first time I watched the movie, that is probably why it sounded familiar when hubby and I watched it again this weekend. Have I mentioned how much I love that movie? Well, I do, and that's another post for another time.

Anyway, this song was called "While I'm Waiting," by John Waller. I believe he's a new artist. It's on his debut album called "The Blessing," as well as on the "Fireproof" soundtrack. The lyrics are as follows:

I'm waiting.
I'm waiting on you Lord, and I am hopeful.
I'm waiting on you Lord though it is painful.
But patiently, I will wait.

I will move ahead, bold and confident.
Taking every step in obedience.

While I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on you Lord, and I am peaceful
I'm waiting on you Lord though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience

While I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, if you have ever been waiting... for anything really... you know how hard it is to stay focused on what you need to be doing while you're waiting to get or do whatever. I have been waiting on God to answer some prayers, to give me any signs on things. I know He's there always and He is always in control. I just feel like He's telling me to wait before things happen or before He shows the signs or whatever. It is incredibly hard to wait. I think that John Waller was trying to touch on how hard it is to wait, but also emphasize how important it is to ACTIVELY wait. Yeah, God may be working on His personal timetable, but that doesn't mean that you stop worshiping and serving Him while you wait on His answer/response.

I know I need to get better at this. It's one on my list of many things I need to improve. So, I could definitely use some prayers here. While I try to do better, I also need prayers that I can get my family back into a church involvement. With hubby being gone so much (and leaving on Sundays, no less), it is really difficult to get motivated to go anywhere on Sundays. I might try to swing some Wednesdays soon, but that will be hard as well. I try to do a devotional every day, but I like being in a church environment. I am already a Christian (and have been for years) but I know I need to be in a fellowship with other believers. But D is a new Christian and needs to be learning about God and everything. So, I definitely need prayers here while we try to get this moving in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger