Blogger Background

Sunday, January 31, 2010

a new challenge

So, it's not really a huge challenge. I know I've probably done some harder things. But, I love the Fireproof movie. True, the acting probably isn't the best I've ever seen, but it has a really good message. So often we let little things keep adding up and they end up overtaking our relationships. When big things happen, we try to deal with them right away, but we can let the little things go on and go on... and they can end up making one really big thing that is too much for us to handle on our own.


Jack and I have a great relationship. Sure, we have our spats, but we've always had a great communication relationship and that helps out a lot when we are a bit miffed at each other. We recently watched the Fireproof movie again and it got me thinking, "what if we did the love dare?" In the movie, they were doing the love dare because the marriage was almost completely dissolved. There was almost no hope left for reconciliation between them. The Love Dare was supposed to help them rebuild what had been broken and start anew. Jack and I definitely don't have anything remotely similar going on in our marriage. But, I can't help but wonder if doing The Love Dare would strengthen what we already have. It surely couldn't hurt. So, I went off in search of The Love Dare. At Wal*Mart, they have a 365 day devotional for couples in love dare fashion, but that wasn't what I wanted. I looked at Target and found exactly what I was looking for:It's the 40 day Love Dare, as used in the Fireproof movie. I am really excited to start this. Hubby has another out of town work trip scheduled for February 14 - 19, so we aren't going to do it until he gets back from that, but I am really looking forward to it. We have been able to get to church for the past two weeks, so I feel really good about that. I'm still working on some other relationships that need the work and with God's help and your prayers, that will work out too.

I have a prayer request that has nothing to do with all of this though. I have had some dental problems in the recent past. Before working at my current job, I just didn't have the funds to pay for the kind of stuff that needs to be done. At least, not at one time. Now working a full time job, the money isn't as big of an issue, but the time off is. I am still a temp for the next month, so I have no time off and I can't afford to miss any more work. I am in danger of losing my job if I have to be out again before my temp status is up. I need prayers here. I really have to have some of this work done before this month is over, and I just don't know how to do it. And really, I have spent more of my time in the last few years focusing on D's health and now B's health. I tend to think they are more important. Maybe that's just the mom talking, but whatever. You know how we do :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger