Blogger Background

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Fighting Mad

Have you ever heard the phrase "don't bite the hand that feeds you?" Well, tonight, I'm in a biting mood. In fact, I feel like taking a big hunk out of that hand and ripping it to shreds. You'll have to forgive me for being irritated in this post. I am very frustrated and this is the healthiest way to get out that frustration.

So, the hubs has been OOT (out of town) for the past two weeks, wish another two weeks to go before he gets to be home for, count 'em, 1 whole whopping week, and then start another 3-4 weeks of travel. I don't like it (never have, really) but I know that it's his job and it's how he provides for us. I am grateful that he has a job. However, it's times like tonight when I just really get irritated about his job. He is supposed to come home tomorrow evening and we are supposed to go to an open house on Saturday at our Preacher's home, and then we are supposed to go up to my parents' house so I can go to a shower for Morgan and Matthew at my old church. The key phrase there, if you didn't catch it, is "supposed to." They had an "exit" meeting today, which is not uncommon once they've been on site for the go-live week and the support week (which was this week). They use it to determine different things before they leave. Well, this site complained - again, not an uncommon occurrence - and fretted about how they still need support and how they won't have anyone to help over the weekend. The last part always bugs me when I've heard that because once the reps leave the site after the installation and support week is over, there's never any weekend support. The reps don't go into the office in Mobile on Saturdays and Sundays. If there are any issues on those days, they get dealt with on Monday. So, unless the reps are actually supposed to be on site for the weekend doing a "weekend stay," there is no basis for the site to request weekend support. Anyway, since they harped about it so much, guess who gets to stay on site this weekend?? I'll give you  chances, but if you've read any of the above, you'll only need one. Another thing that ticks me off - there were THREE people at that site this week from the hub's department. Why couldn't they have picked one of the other two people?? So, he doesn't get to come home tomorrow. He will leave at noon on Sunday, which means he'll get home around 5-6. Then he has to fly out on Monday morning. The kids and I won't get home from mom's until 7-8, so we won't have very much time to spend together before bedtime. 

Like I've said before, I understand that all this is part of his job sometimes. It doesn't make me like it any more. I'm not sitting here complaining all the time about it and I don't get all depressed. I have 3 kids that I have to take care of and they need me to be here, physically, mentally, and emotionally. I don't have time for anything else. I just keep putting on my big girl panties and dealing with it. It's life. I know that God built me this way for a reason, and the He will take care of us all.

Okay, that was my rant for the night. You can all return to your regularly scheduled programming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger