Blogger Background

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

family, family, and more family

Last weekend, the kids and I went up to Clarke County for the Baugh-Danzey Family Reunion. My great-great-grandfather and great-great-grandmother (whom I never knew, of course) were Robert S. Baugh and Annie Laura Danzey Baugh. Their children include my Granny, and my two great-aunts and two great-uncles (one of whom was killed in WWII when his plane crashed. My Granny had five kids - my 3 uncles, my mom, and my aunt. Mom had big brother, me, and little brother, and now I have D and B.

I don't really have a huge family by any means, but I have more relatives than I really remember and know. We had a good turnout at the reunion. Pretty much all of the cousins that I know (except for a few) were not able to come because they all live too far away and/or had prior obligations. It's nice to get together with family. It's even nicer when you are getting together because you just want to, and not because of a funeral or something! I like that most of my family is kind of close together in geographical location. Some of us don't live that close, but for the most part, they all live within an hour of each other. I just think that's nice.

Family is important. I mean, we all have spats with our family and we all get on each others' nerves every once in a while. It's understandable. But there are some who forget the value of a tight family relationship. Even if you disagree or have an argument, you should always be there to support your family, especially in times of need. When a family member needs a helping hand or a listening ear, we should be willing to provide it if we are able. If you have a strong family background and a supportive family background, it is a lot easier to accomplish the goals you may have. Knowing you have the support of your family can help give you the courage to take a step of faith. You know God will always be there and His loving hands will hold you all the while, but it is an added bonus to know that you have family that will care and be there for you too.

I don't really know where I'm going with all this. Family has just been on my mind lately and I just wanted to share its importance.

Anywho... here are a few pictures from the reunion - Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger