Blogger Background

Sunday, October 25, 2009

So, I am not in favor of this "single-parent" thing right now. It is hard to have hubby gone so much. I really hope that a non-travel position is in his future. Being gone for 9 out of 12 weeks is not a good thing. I hate that he misses so much time with the kids, but if I can be selfish for a minute, I hate that he's not here to spend time with me and help me with things. I really wish my job wasn't so restrictive right now. B has to go back to the doctor on Thursday afternoon for a follow-up visit because she had 3 ear infections within a 6 week time period. Yes, I said 3. She had one when we went for her 9 month appt. Apparently, it had just happened too. She had not had a fever or anything until we got to the doctor. So, it is looking like we will have to go the tubes route for her. I have never experienced this before. D never had an ear infection. At least, not in his first 2-3 years of life. I really don't think he's ever had one. I never had them either. But, MIL told me that hubby had them starting when he was around 6 months old, and had them regularly. So, they had to get tubes for him. I didn't know that your facial structure affected the way your inner ear was shaped, so the doctor says that if B looks like hubby and he had to have tubes, then she will likely head the same direction. For this reason - I pray that any other kids we have look like me :) So, MIL will be taking B to this follow up visit - because, you know, I might lose my job if I have to leave work to take her. I am just really tired. I hardly have any time to do anything anymore - or the energy. I get up every morning at 5:30, leave the house at 7, don't get home until 6 and then have to feed two kids and get them in the bed by 8. I also have dishes and clothes and homework and mail and baths to throw in there. I am sorry for being so selfish and complaining about everything. I should focus on the blessings. It is really hard though. I am so happy that both hubby and I have jobs. I'm glad we have a house to live in and food to eat. Those are important things, especially in our economy today. I guess I just need some encouragement. Having to go through this is difficult, and it's made more so with all the traveling that hubby has to do lately. I need him to be here so much. He is with me emotionally, but like I said, it's just really hard. If I didn't have to work, it would be different. I probably wouldn't be as stressed out. Actually, I KNOW I wouldn't be as stressed out. Oh well, such is life. I'm kind of scattered right now, so forgive anything that doesn't make sense :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger